In April 2020, Hamburg-based Friedrich Karl Schroeder GmbH & Co (FKS) sent out an enquiry to various suppliers of office print industry software including Asolvi. The company was concerned that it wasn’t getting the full value and functionality from Evatic and wanted to know how to rectify the issue. To put this in context, FKS had been using Evatic successfully for more than 15 years. However, the way the company’s business developed meant it had not taken full advantage of all Evatic’s functionality. As such, an optimisation project was a logical step.
FKS’s enquiry was based on a 70+ page requirement specification and a thorough description of the processes associated with the company’s managed print services (MPS) activities. After responding to the brief and applying the processes described in this comprehensive document, we held several demo workshops with FKS’s project team on individual topics. These workshops demonstrated to FKS that when correctly deployed and fully utilised, Evatic can deliver incredible functionality and excellent value for money. As a result, FKS was able to phase out its old ERP system and rely completely on Evatic — saving even more money and considerably streamlining operations.
Key project goals
The project’s key objective was to streamline processes across the business and improve operational efficiency. This covered contract, service, sales, warehouse, and inventory management processes. Specifically, we covered:
- Increasing transparency and consistency of processes for all teams and departments.
- Reducing reliance on third-party software and increasing utilisation of Evatic’s centrally managed processes.
- Creating a single interface with COP software to import article data from suppliers into Evatic. The interface would also allow FKS to export purchase orders from Evatic direct to the suppliers.
- Automating workflow from processing data to delivery.
- Automating toner level import and processing.
- Automating the process for entering a sales order, contract, and installation project. Now, when a sales project is entered in Evatic, an order is automatically created (or purchase order if not in stock). Contracts are created automatically using intelligent predefined templates, and an installation project is automatically created using predefined parameters.
- Creation of XML invoices as a basis for generating e-Invoices. It’s now also possible for FKS to generate ZUGFeRD invoices.
- Integrating Shipcloud to enable simplified shipping organisation. This includes the creation of shipping labels and storage of goods tracking numbers.
- Linking Evatic Smart Toner Management functionality to DokuForm. This means toner deliveries are automatically generated using Evatic’s algorithms and parameters. Evatic inspects key metrics, including vacancy, coverage, and volume. A delivery proposal is made once this process is complete.
In several emails and conversations, Ms. Rüller, Project Manager at FKS, expressed her appreciation of the approach and the results we achieved: “Even though we are still in the process of implementing each goal, we have already achieved a lot with the workshops. Asolvi’s consultants have provided us with very valuable input and are supporting us in the implementation.”
There will certainly be further MPS process optimisation projects as Evatic is constantly being enhanced with new and innovative functions, and FKS is continually developing. Evatic also offers additional functionality. This includes the ability to manage software licences in contracts with managed service packages, IT service, offer contracts with automatic invoicing, or develop project templates for quick creation and calculation. And last but not least, Evatic offers powerful analytical dashboards, which are based on Microsoft Power BI.
Evatic supports an ever-evolving MPS market
We are constantly working on innovations, optimisations, and improvements. As a result, Evatic is suitable for practically any organisation involved in service/IT management, contract management and inventory management from sales to service. Ask yourself these questions:
- Does your system facilitate the most efficient process flow possible?
- Does your current system require a lot of manual work, even though you know it can be automated?
- Does your current system provide a clear overview of results such as contract profitability, customers, assets, and services? Or does it take a lot of effort to transform the data into clear and understandable management dashboards?
Asolvi’s staff know your processes and challenges inside out. They can support you with implementing Evatic and with further process improvements.
Would you like us to look at your current automated and manual business processes and advise you on how to make them more efficient and effective with Evatic?
Please contact us using the contact form on our website, www.asolvi.com Or send us an email at email@example.com